For many centuries, lead was the favoured material for water pipes, because its malleability made it practical to work into the desired shape. (Such use was so common that the word "plumbing" derives from plumbum, the Latin word for lead.) This was a source of lead-related health problems in the years before the health hazards of ingesting lead were fully understood; among these were stillbirths and high rates of infant mortality. Lead water pipes were still widely used in the early 20th century, and remain in many households. In addition, lead-tin alloy solder was commonly used to join copper pipes, but modern practice uses tin-antimony alloy solder instead, in order to eliminate lead hazards.
Todd did an amazing job, and fixed a problem that could of been devastating. Replacing a leaking water heater and also a replacing a failing, leaking main shut of valve. The possibility of major flooding was a real danger It was a 12 unit townhome which made the job even trickier, as water had to be shut off to the entire building while he fixed the valve. Todd, replaced them quickly and expertly, without a hitch. Plumbing repairs are never fun for a homeowner, but these people (especially Todd) do great work. It is definitely a weight lifted off my chest.
I had 207 Plumbing come to fix a leak in my ceiling. It's a terrible, terrible company to do business with. He came and fixed a broken pipe in the ceiling, and I asked him to check the rest of the pipe to make sure that nothing else was broken, he said everything was OK and charged me $219.00 for 45 minutes and left. Never cleaned up his mess. I went to clean up the mess after he left and found there was more damage to the pipe. I called him to come back, which he did. He looked at the water coming down from the ceiling, into a light fixture and said he had another job to go to and couldn't come back until next week. He also wanted to charge me $350.00 to come back. I told him that was too much and he said he would make an exception and only charge me $219.00. Now I have major damage done to the ceiling, the light fixture and the floor. All of this could have been prevented if he had stayed and fixed the problem. I will NOT hire him again.